- 12 newborns would be given to the wrong parents each day.
- 114,500 mismatched pairs of shoes would be shipped each year.
- 18,322 pieces of mail would be mishandled every hour!
- 2,000,000 documents would be lost by the IRS each year.
- 2 planes landing at Chicago’s O’Hare airport would be unsafe every day.
- 315 entries in Webster’s Dictionary would be misspelled.
- 20,000 incorrect drug prescriptions would be written each year.
- 880,000 credit cards in circulation would turn out to have incorrect cardholder information on their magnetic strips.
- 291 pacemaker operations would be performed incorrectly.
- 5.5 million cases of soft drinks produced would be flat.
- A typical day would be 24 hours long (give or take 86.4 seconds)!
Published by Kate Eileen Shannon
Artist, Crafter, Writer, purveyor of ephemera and bagatelle
View more posts