Oh wow, look at me, day one of the Ultimate Blog Challenge and already a second post. I’ll burn out at this rate. LOL Anyway, I just got an interesting letter in the mail. Dated today, so obviously mailed earlier. I’ll comment below.
- Serve? This is the United States Government. How long has it been since they were actually there to serve us?
- A study on health related issues? Why? Does this have to do with the whole Obama health thing? Because guess what – I am not getting any health insurance I have to pay for. I can’t afford it. Fine me? Have fun with that. You can’t get blood from a stone. If I could pay the fine, I could afford health insurance, dummies. (Mind you, I am a liberal Democrat but Obama is all wrong on the healthcare. We should have socialized medicine. Aha, idea for another post.)
- Contracted out. Sure. Another level of cost to the taxpayer. Why not just have the existing government employees do it. If you need more just hire temps. Doing it this way, the workers are getting paid and this RTI is getting a big chunk of change. Cut RTI out.
- $30? I ain’t that cheap baby. You are offering money because you know people will resist, as I am. But people forget their principles for money. 30. Interesting. Like 30 pieces of silver. How biblical of the government. Well sorry, I just can’t be bought that cheap. In the words of the late Princess Diana, “I’m a luxury few can afford.”
- Confidential? Snort.
- Assured by federal law? Laughing out loud at that. Anyone named Snowden work in that department?
- You don’t know my name? You know I just got off the phone with my sister and that we emailed some recipes back and forth this morning. Give me a break. Even before the internet we had reverse directories. Not to mention I am a registered voter and you are the government. You don’t know my name. Don’t insult my intelligence.
So here I am with my mail, wondering what my government is up to now. I suppose we will all find out when someone leaks it to the press. Sad way to have to find things out, isn’t it?